A new room to live in


Our completed living room has been a long time coming.

Like two and a half years in the making.

It is the one room in our house that has morphed over and over and over just hoping to be finished already.

Well, that day has finally come.

{Almost}

Is anything ever really done?

I'm going to guess not.  Especially in this house. 

Just when I think I'm done, I decide to switch everything again.  So, this "done-ness" could be short lived...

But, until I switch it again, here is our "finished product."
 
We got all new furniture (how grown up of us)- a couch, a new rug & our chairs and coffee table FINALLY got delivered (West Elm ended up refunding me 20% plus my shipping charges which made the long wait a bit more bearable).  

The only things that are old in this room are the art, floor lamp, pillows, flower pot and ceramic stool that I stole from Hunter's room (he doesn't even use his room, so he isn't missing it).

Oh, and did I mention we finally hung curtains? There is something about curtains that make the room feel so much more grown up. They are kind of like the mustaches of rooms; making them look older and much more sophisticated.
 
Did you notice, our custom fireplace is all done?  It totally changes the whole room around.  It creates a focal point for the room- something this room was sorely lacking. There is more to the story of the fireplace (I'll get to that another day), but for now, we are calling it done.

We've come a long way from this:
 And this:
 And this:
 
And this:

I'm still thinking we will paint the room a new color- not sure what, but I'm pretty sure the whole ombre stripe idea is a no-go.  Chris was not sold on my crazy idea this time (is he ever?).

Instead I am thinking of updating the art above the fireplace with something more colorful or intersting....and I'm going to make it myself.  I don't have any solid plans yet, but here are some of my inspirations....
Via
Via
 
Via
Via
So, the living room is done for now.  Stay tuned on the DIY art project.  If I make one of these- any favorites? Any wall color advice?

Comments