Family photos

Who doesn't love family photos?

I'm pretty sure everyone loves them- but paying for them is a whole 'nother ballgame.

I LOVE professional photos but it's just not feasible to pay for them every time we want to capture a milestone.

Since I've got a penchant for DIY, I  thought I'd give photography a chance.

I'm by no means a professional, or even an amateur, but I did take some photography classes in high school (and I paid really good attention in high school) and I've been dabbling in photography for years.  I have a fancy DSLR camera and a workable knowledge of Photoshop, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try staging a photo shoot and seeing what we get.

Worst case scenario, we get no good pictures and we end up having to hire a professional. With digital photography, it costs nothing but time.

From what I've learned about photography over the years, as long as you have a good camera and good light, you can get some pretty awesome pictures.

So, we planned to take pics the day before Hunter's birthday (when the weather was predicted to be good), picked out some neutral (not too matchy-matchy) outfits, pulled out some props and had my little sister come over and snap away. My sister was a huge help in capturing photos of all of us (including Ketchum), we couldn't have done it without her.

I think we ended up with some awesome results.


 
Not bad for DIY family photos huh?

Comments