My love list

Happy Valentines day!

I know, this goes against woman-code, but seriously, Valentines day is not my thing.

To me, its just a day where reservations and babysitters are hard to get.

Chris and I generally stay in, make dinner and just hang out with each other, and this year will be no different, except we will include Hunter and Ketchum in the low key night in.   Maybe, if we are lucky, the baby will go to sleep early and we watch an episode or two of Shameless.

We always get each other cards, but that is the extent of the mushy love stuff that happens today, and I'm fine with that.

Actually I remember chastising him one year for buying me flowers that cost $50, when he could have bought me the same flowers the day after V day and they would have been $20.

I know, what girl doesn't like flowers?  I do, I just like them better if they are on sale!

Anyway, speaking of sales.  On this consumer driven day of love, lets talk about shopping.  

I am currently loving some things, and I thought I would share them with you.  

I love getting pedicures, but I don't love the price tag (are you sensing a theme here).  So, I decided to splurge and buy myself my favorite OPI nail polish so I could paint my nails between pedicures.
Via
Now that I can fit back into my pre-baby pants, I went shopping.  I found a great pair of skinny cords from JCrew that I can't live without.  I bought them in cream when they were on 30% off over the holidays, and since then, they have gone on clearance and even 40% off that... so you know I had to buy them in teal and charcoal.  Chris calls these my chocolate chip mint pants.
Via
I went to Costco a few weeks ago to return some ski gloves, and somehow left with $300 worth of stuff.... its like a black hole of good deals there!  Anyway, I stumbled across a mattress topper made of memory foam, and since its all the rage, I thought it was worth a shot.  Also, our mattress is 8 years old and is starting to feel less comfy than it once was.  For $100, I thought it was worth a try to bring our tired mattress back to life.  OMG, its fabulous.  You need to go to Costco and buy one now.  Seriously, go now, I'll wait.....
Via
I love stripes. I may have an addiction.  I am constantly buying striped shirts, striped purses, striped fabric and poor Hunter has rarely seen a day when I haven't dressed him in something striped.

As luck would have it, while I was a JCrew scoring awesome deals, I stumbled upon two striped sweaters (also on clearance) and swooped them up for work.  Unfortunately, they are not on the website, but I found one that I want, so here's a picture of that one.
Via
There you have it.  That is what I am loving this week.

Oh yeah, and these guys too (but they are not for sale)!


Enjoy your V day, whether you are spending it with your pet, your kids, your best friend, your significant other, or all by yourself watching Gilmore Girls (if you are, invite me, I LOVE the Gilmore Girls).

Comments