Life of leisure

Big weekend around here.

Friday was my very last day at work for four and a half months.

I'm officially on maternity leave! So until this baby comes, it's all pedicures and bon bons (in my dreams).

I've been working straight for nearly 6.5 years with nothing more than a 2 week vacation, so 4.5 months sounds like an eternity. That's over a third of a year! How lucky am I???

I am so excited to have all this time off.  I've never got to have time off around the holidays like I will this year.  Christmas shopping.... consider it done! (not really)

I know I'll have a little person to take care of and all my moments will be filled, but I am hoping that I at least can get my Christmas shopping done (even if it's all done from my couch).

By Friday night (hours after I walked out the office doors), my work email was already turned off and the steady stream of emails that usually come directly to my phone 24 hours a day had ceased.

I would be lying if I didn't feel a little bit like my connection to the outside world was taken away. Now I know how President Obama felt when they told him he couldn't have his blackberry.  Yep, me and the President have TONS in common, although I ditched my Blackberry last year and upgraded to an Andriod (I'm unsure of the President's current smart phone status).

So now, during my leisurely maternity leave days, while I wait for this little baby to make it's grand entrance to the world, I am completely disconnected from what is going on at the office.  

Luckily, I was able to hire a temporary replacement for my job, and spent 4 weeks training her, so I have every confidence that she will be able to get the job done.  Plus, I was able to wrap up all my big events before I left, including a Mariners event, where I met the Moose.  Apparently mascots LOVE pregnant ladies.
I have no idea why my face looks sun-burnt....ignore that.
Actually, I have no stress associated with leaving work.  Its kind of amazing.

No stress = low blood pressure.

Low blood pressure = happy doctor and happy us.

We went in on Thursday for my 38 week check up and my blood pressure was back down to normal ranges and seems to be holding there.

We are not exactly sure why my BP spiked, but we are all smiles that it has come back down on its own.

Since my blood pressure has come back down, I have not had to go on real bed rest (I did modified bed rest last week while working from home with my feet up), which is exciting for me, but I am still on "take it easy" mode.  Which means, we are taking it week by week, and as long as it stays low, I'm ok, but if it starts to creep, then I'm onto real bed rest to get me to 40 weeks.

I'm still not allowed to exercise, do anything strenuous, stay on my feet for too long, or pretty much anything else I would normal do (I tend to push my pregnancy limits).

I've been pretty good about following the "take it easy" guidelines, and Chris has been AMAZING about not letting me do anything.  I'm not usually good about sitting around and doing nothing, but right now I'm letting him do everything.  You know.... doctors orders...

We go back to the doctor today to get checked again and to get the go-ahead (or no-go) to head to the Husky game this Thursday night.

I'm not going to lie, my BP would have to be VERY high to keep me away from that game.  It's against Stanford and is the annual black-out night game, which is perfect for me, because I can't fit into ANY of my husky clothes anymore- note that this shirt has been stretched to its limits...
Yes, my Mother-in-law is wearing the SAME shirt... note the difference in fit...
Even though I'm running out of purple clothing that covers my stomach- and belly shirts are NOT a good look. I have lots of black stuff, so I'm set for this game- which will be my last Husky game of the season.

Our next home game (after Thursday) is against USC on the 13th of October (which is going to be an awesome game), but if this baby hasn't come by then, I will be more than a week overdue and I will probably be induced at that point and watching the Huskies from a hospital bed (I hope they get the Pac12 network).

So to prepare for my big appointment today, I've been napping, watching lots of HGTV and cuddling with the pup.

Speaking of the pup, we had a momentous occasion this weekend. Ketchum lost his first tooth (and then his second shortly after).

I wasn't quite sure what to do with a lost first tooth.

Do I get him a silver dollar and put it in his crate?  Do I take a picture of his mouth?

I didn't know what to do, so we did nothing. Plus, he was bleeding out the side of his mouth, so a picture seemed a bit inappropriate.

Playing the doggy-tooth fairy seemed a little silly, so instead we let him cuddle with us in bed and he seemed pretty happy about it.

When I say cuddle, I mean, take up the WHOLE bed. And, wouldn't you know it, he prefers MY side.  We have started serious discussions about a king-sized bed.

Yes, he is growing like a weed.  We call him a little-big dog these days.  He is not girl puppy, not yet a woman dog (just like Britney Spears in Crossroads).

We actually found his tooth in the backyard.  Again, I wasn't sure what to do with it.  Do I save it in his baby puppy book?

Crap, am I supposed to make him a puppy book?

Sorry pup, no baby book, no tooth-fairy, no silver dollars, but he has been spending a lot of quality time in our bed these days.  He's living up his last few days of being the "only child."

Speaking of the last few days....I am 10 days away from my due date.

I have milk that lasts longer than that.  Being able to count the days left on my fingers is very surreal.

It hasn't really hit me yet, probably because I haven't stopped long enough to let the reality sink in.  Even while on mild bed rest, my mind was full of work and HGTV, so I had no time to think about the small human who will be joining our lives shortly.

Actually my mind was filled with thoughts of who was leaving our life.

After much deliberation, King Charles II is up for adoption.
It was a hard decision, but it had to be made.

He doesn't fit with anything in our house, and he is too big to be my sewing chair (which is what I was hoping for).

So, even though we I love him, he is on the market for a new family.  People who will love him and display him properly, instead of try to hide him under a sewing table.

There you have it.  

Pretty exciting stuff.

Hope your weekend was just as momentous.

If you are interested in King Charles, he is listed on Craigslist.  I'd be happy to make you a deal. 

If you know what I'm supposed to do with my puppy's tooth, again, please let me know.  They don't make clear guidelines on this stuff!