Rest and relaxation

The post-Christmas dust is finally settling. 

All the out-of-town family has headed home, all the gifts unwrapped, and the solar Christmas lights have been turned off (not quite taken down yet).

We had a GREAT Christmas. So many wonderful gifts, time with family and friends.

I hope you had an equally wonderful time with your family and friends wherever you are in the world.

We have a tradition of taking the week after Christmas off so we can take a break and relax. We are so busy for the while month of December that by time it is over, all we want to do is sleep and lay around for the whole next week.

This year, Chris and I are spending our waking hours stationed in front of our TV's. Yep, we are that cool. 

Chris is watching non-stop football (it is bowl season after all).  I'm watching the whole season 6 of Dexter.  We are both VERY happy.


Dexter, for those not in the know, is a Showtime TV series that chronicles the life of a police blood splatter expert who also happens to be a serial killer (one who only kills bad guys). It is sick and twisted... and amazing. 

I serisouly can't get enough of this show.  Its not as sick as it sounds, its actually really good.

I was originally watching it season by season by renting it through the library. It was a slow process, as this show is gaining in popularity and so there are a ton of library requests.  I usually had to wait a few months between seasons.

A few weeks ago, I got a call from our cable provider offering us HBO and Showtime.  Usually I would have dismissed this offer, but it actually saves is $10 per month.  How can I pass that up?

The best part (beside saving $120 a year) is that I now get to watch Dexter live and on DVR.

Amazing.

I have spent the better part of this week watching the full sixth season.  Now of course, I can't wait for the 7th season to start.  What a cliff hanger!

While I'm waiting, I'm looking for a new show to get hooked on.  Any recommendations?

Comments