Poor baby

You guys...having a sick baby is serious stuff.

Hunter came down with 102 degree fever on Saturday.

That is scary sick.

At least for us never-had-a-baby-with-a-fever-before-parents.

We were freaking out.

We called the doctor and apparently 104 is really the threshold for "scary sick."

Who knew?

Basically, we gave him Motrin every 6 hours to bring down his fever, cuddled him and tried to keep him comfortable.  He wouldn't really eat, didn't want to take a bath (you know he's sick when that happens) and was only sleeping about 1-2 hours at a time.

On top of the fever, he developed a chest rattling cough and a faucet for a nose.

It was the sickness triumvirate.

Poor, poor baby.

Poor, poor parents.

We didn't have many options of what to do with a sick baby, so mostly we laid in bed or on the couch and watched Curious George.  I'm not proud of the amount of TV that was on in our house this weekend, but when your baby is so sick he doesn't want to do anything besides lay in your arms and watch that curious little monkey, you do what you have to do.

The highlight of our sick and sad weekend was watching the Seattle Seahawks win their way into the Super Bowl. 

Hunter LOVES football.

Chris and him have been watching it together since he was born.

Literally, we watched the Husky football game in the hospital on the day Hunter was born.

Although we don't really allow him to watch any TV (outside of very rare exceptions), he does get to watch the Seahawks and Husky games with Chris.

So, when he woke up from his nap on Sunday, the Hawks game had just started and we had picked up burgers and french fries.  The sick little guy, was excited to wear his jersey and suck the ketchup off the french fries.  It was the best part of the whole weekend.
52 hours after it started, his fever finally broke.

He had been sleeping in our bed because he was waking up so frequently, so it was easier on all of us.  Plus- I could wipe his little nose every hour or so and rub his back when he started coughing.

I was never happier to be woken up at 3am- to find him fever-free.

He's still pretty sick, with the cough and runny nose, but he is finally on the mend. He's still not sleeping through the night, which means we are not sleeping either.

So forgive me if I am blurry eyed and less than eloquent.

I'm really hoping that we all get some sleep soon and that our poor guy gets back to 100%.  Until then, I'm being a mom, working and sleeping...and not much else.