Yummi Milestones

Time is flying.

Little Man is 6 months old.
Holy cow- 6 months!  How did that happen?

Let me tell you, the last 6 months of pregnancy did not go nearly as fast as the first 6 months of Hunter's life.

Time is flying!

So here we are. 6 months and it's a huge milestone month.

6 months = real food!

Hunter's world is about to be rocked.

Food. 

It's pretty much my favorite part of life.  He has no idea what he is in for.

Lucky boy.

So, I've been reading up on all the best "first foods."

I decided on avocado.

Unfortunately, Hunter didn't think it was a winner.
 

 

So, then we tried bananas and oat cereal.

Not a fan.

On a whim, I blended up some pear, mostly because I had one laying on the counter that needed to be eaten.

Hunter finally allowed some of the food to go into his mouth and didn't immediately spit it back out. 

Winner!

What I realized was that he was not that into me shoving a spoon into his mouth.  He wanted to do it.

Actually, he wanted to hold the bowl and suck on the rim of it.

Not a lot of eating was going on.

I realized I was going about this all wrong.

Hunter loves to suck. I realize there is a "that's what she said" somewhere in there, but lets gloss over it mmmk?

So I pulled out our Yummi Pouches, filled one up and handed it over. 

Clearly, he was into it.

He figured out the spout all by himself.  Baby genius I tell you.

You may be wondering what a Yummi Pouch is.

They are fantastic reusable food pouches made locally.  I love a good local product.

I know you've seen those food pouches at the store, at Starbucks and bursting out of diaper bags all over America. 
The other food pouches, are one time use and cost an arm and a leg.  To me, they are like disposable diapers- very expensive garbage in the landfill. The only good part about the one-time use ones is that their caps fit the Yummi Pouches (so hang onto those as extras).

The Yummi Pouch is less $3 per pouch and can be used over and over and over and over- oh and it's dishwasher safe (I don't have any time in my life for hand washing).

Plus, then I can make my own food purees and I know its not chalk full of sugar and preservatives.


So- reusable, inexpensive and awesome?

Sign me up.

Well, technically, I did sign up.

I told Yummi Pouch that I loved them and wanted to support them, then the good folks at Yummi Pouch sent me my very own set.

I know, it's like Christmas in April. How sweet of them!

Since I loved them, I am guessing you will also love them.

Heck- even if you don't have kids, you may want these for when you want to pack a frozen margarita along with you.

Yes, you can freeze these.

No, I'm not kidding about the frozen margaritas. I'm doing that. Yum. Yummi.

For anyone who has a tot, will have one soon, or likes frozen mixed drinks to-go; these are must haves. AND- in honor of Hunter's big 6th month birthday,  they are throwing him a party and I'm sharing his gift with you- 10% off everything in their store for the next two days.

Sweet!

Here are the deets: Head over to the Yummi Pouch site, check out their store and if you like something buy it! Use code PARTY4YP to get 10% off orders of $3 or more, and free shipping on orders of $30 or more.

I think I'm going to grab the mustache stickers (how cute would Hunter be sucking on one of these with a mustache on it?)

Adorbs.

Happy shopping!

All the opinions and reviews of the Yummi Pouch product are my own.  I did receive the Yummi Pouches for free in exchange for hosting a party, but they did nothing to influence or sway my opinion.  I honestly love them, and wouldn't promote a product I didn't actually use and endorse.

Comments