25 things you never wanted to know

Remember when I told you that my birthday marked the start of spring, which really meant that summer was on its way?

Yeah, I apologize for that.

I was wrong.

Like horribly and cataclysmicly wrong.

The universe is really sticking it to me and my false prediction this year by filling my (and your) days with torrential downpours of rain, sleet, hail and snow.

Awesome.

I'm sorry again.  This is all my fault.

You know what really sucks about this weather?

I am too much of a wimp to run in it, and I need to run right now because I'm training for a 10k and a half marathon.

I don't particularly like being soaked to the bone and cold and having water running down my face.

So I've been hitting the gym and logging some serious hours on the treadmill.

There is nothing I enjoy less at the gym, then running on a treadmill.

Seriously, I would do squats and push ups for an hour if I didn't have to be on the treadmill.

The only saving grace of the treadmill is that I can watch the March Madness games on the TV to distract me, and when the commercials come on I browse through the hard hitting literature in the current issue of US weekly.

One of my favorite things to read is the 25 things you don't know about me.  It always features a fun celeb and 25 random things about them.
Oh Anderson....
Yesterday I was reading about Kelly Ripa (who I absolutely love), and one of her random things was that she believes that Goldfish crackers should have a food group all of their own.

This little nugget only endeared me to her even more, and then, of course, I went to the store and bought a bag of flavor-blasted cheddar goldfish and promptly ate my way through 50% of the bag.

So good, but so bad.  Thanks Kelly Ripa.

So today, since I didn't go to the gym I thought I would share my 25 things.  You may already know some of these things, you may not.  Hopefully they are interesting to more people than just my mom (who probably already knows all of these things).
  1. My birthmark is a white-blonde streak of hair on the top of my head
  2. I have never smoked a cigarette (or anything else for that matter)
  3. In high school I told people I was allergic to mushrooms so that I didn't have to eat them
  4. I can pinch with my toes
  5. I get mad when people don't RSVP or send thank you notes
  6. I would love to be a stay at home wife (bon bons and all)
  7. Bartering with people at garage sales is one of my favorite past times
  8. My house is where orchids go to die
  9. I over plucked my eyebrows in high school and now I can't get them to grow back
  10. I'm highly allergic to cats
  11. Cheetos Poofs are my favorite guilty pleasure snack
  12. I believe in God's timing in all things
  13. I'm horrible about sending birthday cards
  14. I started wearing glasses in college with no prescription because I thought they looked good
  15. I can fall asleep anywhere at any time- I've slept through 2 fires
  16. I hate when people talk in the 3rd person
  17. I really covet long dark hair but I'm too scared to do it on myself
  18. TJ Maxx is my favorite store to shop at (for everything)
  19. Someday I would like to have 4 kids- some of which I would like to adopt
  20. I was in a Broadway musical 16 years ago
  21. "Mouth noises" drive me crazy (chewing, clicking, etc)
  22. I used to be able to do the splits (the middle way) but I haven't tried doing them in years
  23. My nickname in college was Mom
  24. I sit down in the shower and let the water rain on me
  25. When I was little I was addicted to video games and would play for hours on end until I beat the game
That was actually a bit harder to come up with than I expected.  

You know what would be fun?  If you told me your 25 things in the comments section.  That would be super fun.  It's like one of those chain letter emails... but better and not creepy.

OK go.

Comments