Another year, another...

Oh goodness.

Where did the time go?

My baby picture from my birth certificate
I blinked and all of a sudden I am days away from my 30th birthday. 

I have actually been looking forward to turning the big 3-0.  

Somehow it seems like 30 makes me a legitimate adult. Just like Cinderella becomes a pumpkin at midnight, I become a grown up at 30.

No idea why I think that.

But 30 seems like a real adult to me (as if I wasn't before).

You know what else makes me officially grown up?

Gray hair.

I found my first one a few weeks ago, and now I've found a few more (thanks to the amazing lighting in my work bathrooms).

It could be that I haven't gotten highlights in months, so who knows, maybe I had gray hairs that I just didn't notice years ago...but now that I've found them, I'm feeling mature.

Again, not sure why gray hair makes me feel old, Chris has had a good chunk of gray hair since he was 24 or 25. And I find it pretty dreamy on him....but not sure if it is as dreamy on me.

So, with this big milestone approaching I'm actually looking forward to it and a fun night out (after I get some new highlights of course).

I've always been an old soul, but now I've been thinking of all the things that "officially" make me "old"...all of which, I totally embrace and love. 

I only came up with 5, although as soon as I post this, I'm going to come up with WAY more.  Feel free to post some for me in the comments if you have some ideas.

1. Books on tape- I've been not so privately addicted to books on tape for a few years, but recently got re-addicted and I can't stop.  Its reading, without the strain on my eyes and the silly book holding and page turning.  I get to "read" while I drive, so I'm actually multi-tasking, it's amazing.

2. House slippers- I wear my slippers all the time these days.  Obviously my circulation is going downhill and since I'm always cold I wear my cozy slippers from the second I walk in the door until I hop into bed.

3. 10pm bedtime- Why did I go to bed so late for all these years?  I've never been happier than when I am in bed by 10. Honestly, outside of a few special events, there is nothing happening past 10pm that I need to concern myself with (yes, I realize I sound ridiculous).

4. Triscuit crackers- I feel like I may as well be eating shredded wheat for breakfast while drinking my malt-o-meal while I confess this, but I can't deny that Triscuits are the perfect cracker.  When I was younger, you couldn't have paid me to eat these, but now I always have a box on hand.

5. Crock pots- As I type this, I have tomorrow's quinoa chicken chilli simmering away filling the house with delicious smells.  Crock pots are amazing.  They cook for you- you set it and forget it.  I don't know why I didn't get on this bandwagon before, but now I am spending my nights googling slow cooker recipes instead of Keeping up with the Kardashians.

So, come Sunday morning, I'll be another year older, another year wiser, and if I'm a really lucky girl, I'll get to sleep in until at least 9am. Happy almost birthday to me!

Comments