6 months down

I know I say this all the time, but life is moving at the speed of light.

Carter is 6 MONTHS old today. Half of a year is GONE.

I honestly don't know where the time goes.  With everything we have going on, the days and nights vanish before my eyes and all of a sudden a week has gone and I'm not sure what we accomplished.

Then I look at Carter and Hunter.

They are the proof of time passing and the great things we are doing.

Their progress can't be measured in inches and I definitely don't measure it in "milestones."  We measure it in the smallest of ways- and we celebrate all the mini-accomplishments each day.

Just yesterday I walked in the door and Carter was bouncing away in his jumper, and he turned his whole body around and his face lit up.  His huge smile was the best welcome home ever. He delights in all of us, especially Hunter. This is a recent development, and the moment your baby can recognize you from afar and then show their excitement is one of the best times ever.

Hunter is the same way- he adores his family and he is the best brother.  If Carter is fussy or crying, Hunter will hold his hand and tell him "it's ok, I'm here- I hold your hand." This, of course, melts my heart.

They are both such amazing kids and we couldn't love them anymore. I wish they would stop growing, but at the same time, I can't wait to see who they will become.

All I know is right now my baby is 1/2 a year old, and it's blowing my mind.

He has 2 teeth already, is sleeping in his own room and giggling up a storm. He's growing like a weed and he drinks more milk than any infant I've ever met.  

See how big he is for yourself and check out Carter's Pics from the last 25 weeks. 

Comments